Saturday, May 18, 2013

I Went Inside Today


One of my favorite primary songs is I Love To See The Temple. The song starts out with the words "I love to see the temple. I'm going there someday." Ever since I was little I have loved looking for the castle on the hill (AKA the temple). And always I've wanted to go inside. Well today I was no longer going there someday. I was going there TODAY!


I was a little nervous, but most people are. In Preparing To Enter The Holy Temple it says, "If you are going to the temple for the first time it is quite normal for you to be a little unsettled. We are naturally anxious about the unknown." It's okay to be nervous. There are a few things you can do to prepare yourself and make the experience a little more enjoyable though. These are a few of the things that really helped me and a few of my friends.
  • Read Preparing To Enter The Holy Temple by Boyd K. Packer
  • Take a mission prep or temple prep class
  • Read Moses 1-5
  • Read Exodus and study the Plan of Salvation
  • Read your patriarchal blessing
  • Talk to your parents or someone close to you about the temple
  • Go with an open mind. Don't expect anything specific because it most likely will be nothing like you imagined. But it will be awesome, I promise!
  • Be calm. Don't worry, one of the cute little old ladies in the temple will ALWAYS be there to help you.
  • When you get there, just focus on feeling the spirit and enjoying the peace of the temple. You do NOT need to remember or understand everything you learn the very first time.
  • Go back again and again. Though I obviously haven't been back yet, I've been told it gets better and better.
  • Also re-do some of these things you did to prepare because after you have gone through they make a lot more sense!
I love the temple and I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to go through today! I know the things taught in the temple are true and that it truly is the House of the Lord. I love the peace I feel there and I can't wait to go again! I can't wait to teach this glorious gospel to the wonderful people of the Philippines so that they too, can have the blessings of the temple. I am so blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment