Monday, December 16, 2013

Last week in the 'Bang???‏

My BFF's

Kamusta po kayo?! Pasko na!  Of course, it has been for 4 months now dito sa Pilipanas. Christmas in the Philippines means nangangaroling. It's basically like trick-or-treating only you have to sing a Christmas song to get something. There are so many adorable little kids that come to our house and serenade us! I can't even handle their cuteness. Speaking of cute, there have been way too many times this week when I speak in Tagalog and someone looks at me like I'm a puppy and tells me how cute my Tagalog is. What does that mean...? 

First things first, last week I complained about the ward. Don't worry, I've been humbled. This week one of our investigators, a referral from our new super members, Joel and Ariane, got really sick. Ariane automatically called us and asked us to call the Priesthood to give her a blessing. (Aren't they awesome?) It was after curfew so we couldn't leave but within minutes we had multiple members there. She didn't get a blessing because they had to take her to the hospital, which meant bills. And this family has no work and no money. So Nanay Pataueg went around and collected almost 3,000 pesos from members and friends and gave it to them. So yeah, despite the struggles, the members of Canlubang are actually pretty awesome :) 

So this week may have been my last in the 'Bang. Transfers are on Thursday and it makes sense for me to leave. And I kinda hope I do, because we've been telling everyone I'm leaving and I spoke in sacrament yesterday so it's gonna be really awkward to walk into sacrament meeting next week haha :) About that talk, it wasn't planned. It was 15 minutes. And it was in Tagalog (okay, Taglish).  If that isn't evidence that the church is true, I don't know what is. As frustrating as the 'Bang has been, I can't leave it. I love it. I love the people here. I love the smelly palengke and the random people that somehow know my name. I love the 20 little kids on our street that call my name and want to shake my hand or give me a hug. I love Canlubang. But I'm also ready to go. I've been here for 4 1/2 months and I could use some change. The hardest part is that it isn't like it was when I left Utah. I know I'll see all of you again in 18 months. I may never see these people that I've come to love ever again. And I'm not sure how I feel about that. 

Leaving Canlubang also means leaving the Quadrahan. Sister Smart came up with that term in a prayer once. I couldn't have been more blessed with the 3 sisters I share an apartment with. Sister Burt is all knowledgable about everything so we always have a scripture to share and know how to answer the hard questions. Sister Meti is there to make sure we are happy (and not hungry). She is just a little ball of sunshine! And then there's Sister Smart. She's been there my entire mission. She helped me through some really tough times and I feel like we've been friends much longer than 4 1\2 months. I can't imagine being in a new place without them. Especially 5 days before Christmas. But I can do it. And they can do it. I'm thankful for all I've learned from them and for the time I got to spend with them. And who knows, maybe I'll get some more! Transfer calls aren't until tomorrow. 

How's the snow? I can't even imagine snow it's so hot here. Someone send me some pictures! Mahal kita!

XOXO, Sister Brown

Twinners
Departing Missionary :)
The YSA
Sad to leave
Quadrahan - last Sunday in the Canlubang?


This is the Perfect example of Filipino humor...
Worlds most adorable bananas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment