Monday, February 24, 2014

Another One Bites The Dust‏


Kamusta kayo lahat? This week's letter is going to be pretty short. To be honest, it was one of those weeks where I had to buy a whole tub of cookie dough ice cream. And then the next day we lost our curiente and it melted. But I ate it anyway. Ice cream is precious. And sobrang mahal. We tracted a lot because we got punted more this week than ever before. I wish punted was a key indicator sometimes so when I report that we only taught 10 lessons all week I could also say, "But don't worry Elder, we got punted 37 times!" The good thing is, there was a surplus of adorable little children! Heavenly Father is there.

Evangeline came to church this week again and brought her daughter! We found out that she doesn't know how to read. But Erica, her 11 year old daughter, reads The Book of Mormon to her every night. How awesome is that?! She really wants to be baptized and she has a Baptismal Goal Date, but we aren't sure if she's married yet. That's a big problem in the Philippines. There's no divorce so if you've been married before and it doesn't work out, you just move in with another person. It makes the work a little challenging but the Lord always provides a way. 

I know this email is lame. Sorry. Thank you for all of your love and support and prayers! I had quite a few little emails today that I very much appreciated. They were much needed. Thank you. Have a wonderful week! 

XOXO, Sister Brown


The sign says it isn't allowed to throw trash here or you will be fined...I don't think it is working! 

Another day of tracting...
Ladylyn
Ivan the Adorable!

1 comment:

  1. Sister Brown, I just randomly came across your blog and it made me very trunk for my mission. I served in Thailand, as you can imagine Things were similar. I remember my areas were it seemed all we did was invite those were some of the best day looking back! You are planting the seeds and plowing the fields! The work is important no matter what point you are at! Keep up the good work and continue to live your mission you will miss even the worst day with immense pain! Make each day the best day of your mission! Good Luck and know you are in so many thoughts and prayers!

    -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete