Sunday, March 9, 2014

Maligayang Fiesta!!!‏

Kamusta kayo lahat? Happy Fiesta everyone! In the Philippines, we have fiestas every once in a while. It's a Catholic thing. It's basically like Roy Days only bigger and it lasts for 45 days. The carnival is in the field right next to the church so we will definitely be meeting a lot of people in the next 45 days and hopefully we will be having a church tour as well so that we can make the most of it! As part of the fiesta, I have witnessed 3 different marching bands and a line of floats appear out of no where and march down the street. Keeps life interesting. 

This week was our 1 month training check up. I survived being a nanay for 1 whole month! I also got to see Sister Smart. I know one day, because I know that Heavenly Father loves me, he will put her back in my house again. That girl has been such a strength to me in my mission and I will be forever grateful that Heavenly Father placed her in my first area.

We also had exchanges with the STL's this week. I have a hate/love relationship with exchanges. They stress me out so much because you're used to things the way they are and having a new companion and sometimes new investigators for a day isn't easy. But in the end, I always learn so much. It's also a good break from your 24/7 companion. Let me describe companionships with a quote from our recently returned branch mission leader: "The first week you're like 'Wow President, this HAS to be revelation! This is perfect!' and then the next week you're like 'President, this can NOT be revelation. This is awful!" Yep. No matter who you're companion is, there comes a time when these are your thoughts. And then there comes a time when you get over it and just love them. 

Funny for the week, this morning in companionship study Sister Valdez shared 2 Nephi 16:10, "Make the heart of this people fat..." She like that part. But all I could think of was Fat Amy from Pitch Perfect, "Even though you're all pretty skinny, I know you all have fat hearts." Oh Pitch Perfect...

And finally, get ready for my revelation of the week. So lately there have been a lot of changes in my life. For one, I'm a missionary. I transferred to a new area. I'm training. Our branch is becoming a ward which means no more President Scooby-Doo. Next week we will have Bishop Sacil. And my family at home is changing pretty drastically. Here's the thing, I don't do well with change. But what did I expect? I went on a mission to change. How could I expect everything else to stay the same? I don't like change, but it's the only way we grow. It's how we become who Heavenly Father needs us to become. I used to have a quote on my bulletin board at home that said, "If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies." I'm thankful there are butterflies. And for change.

Well that's all for now folks, love ya all tons! Have a fabulous week and help our your local missionaries. 

XOXO, Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment