Monday, April 14, 2014

Turning 20 and Finally Seeing the Ocean‏

My cute kasama did this
Hellooo! Kamusta kayo lahat? Sana maging maayos kayo doon. So first of all, I SAW THE OCEAN TODAY!!! Second of all, I am 20. I have officially left the teenage years behind me. Thank you for the birthday wishes and thanks mom for the package! I LOVED it! New clothes are much needed and appreciated 9 months into a mission. And of course, the headbands :) To celebrate the big day, we had weekly planning! Only like 34 more of those. But then me and Sister Lisaca had a crazy party! As crazy as it gets for missionaries. We got in our pajamas, ate tons of Oreo balls, and watched The District. Whoa, crazy. I know. 

We didn't get to teach much this week because we had zone interviews, zone meeting, and General Conference. None of our investigators were able to come to General Conference and at first I was kinda sad, but then I was like, "I'm at General Conference listening to the prophet!" It was better than Disneyland. Their were so many great talks! I never wanted it to end! And I wanted to share which ones I liked the most, but I couldn't really decide. So if you haven't already, just watch it. And I'm even kind enough to provide a link so all you have to do is click! https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2014/04?lang=eng 

As I listened to prophet and apostle speak, I couldn't help but notice a pattern. They were calling for soldiers. They were calling for all the members, but especially the youth, to stand. To stand, strong and firm and courageous. It reminded me of Alma 46, when Captain Moroni calls the Nephites to stand “In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children” Brothers and Sisters, we've been called to stand up for what we believe. The Lord needs soldiers who aren't afraid to stand alone, who aren't afraid to reach out to others, or to do the right thing even when it is unpopular. So whatever your beliefs may be, whoever you are, be true to it. Stand, courageous, bold, and strong. And the Lord will strengthen you. 

I love you all so much and I am so grateful for the strength that you all are to me! 

XOXO, Sister Brown

Jellyfish





















Sis Lolita is 80 and still working with the missionaries!
John Michael has Down's Syndrome & he's adorable! He always gives me high fives & kisses on the cheek.
PJ party and the District 




PJ party
New friend Elder Inlayo
Sis Peterson





1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday sister! You're so amazing. I'm in awe of your love of the gospel. I too thought conference was àmazing!

    ReplyDelete