Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Love!
Hello wonderful friends and family! Hope your week was awesome! Mine was great. We ran out of water completely for about 3 days. Forget Survivor, it was turning into The Hunger Games! Or the Thirsty Games would be more appropriate. And my companion was sick and so was one of the other sisters so the 2 Americans in the house were scavenging the streets of Tayabas for water. It was so fun!! And it wasn't actually that bad. We can buy water, it's just expensive. So I guess now that we've had American week, we will just be eating rice for the rest of the month until support comes again. Speaking of American week, we had breakfast for dinner one day; french toast, eggs, and bacon. My companion added a great big pile of nothing other than...RICE! We'll convert her. Oh and I just found out a general authority is coming to our mission!!! And that only missionaries within 2 hours of the mission home can come. We are about 2 1/2 hours away. I accept the fact that I will never hear anyone cool speak in my entire mission. It's fine. 

It was great to see some of your lovely smiling faces on Skype this morning! And Mike, it was good to meet you. Remember the ice cream.I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I love you and miss you but I know that I am where I need to be. And 7 more months isn't really all that long. The time will fly.

 Since it is Mother's Day, I feel like I should just say Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful, beautiful mother and also to my step-mom, my aunts, my grandmas, and to every other woman who has ever been a mother to me. I have been so blessed throughout my life with amazing women, especially my young women's leaders, who have helped me to get where I am today and who have strengthened my testimony immensely. I am so thankful for my mother and the example of strength and example she has been to me. She is the best mom in the whole wide world. Don't argue.

Since she was sick, we didn't do much this week. There was a baptism of one of the little girls in our ward. She is seriously the cutest thing ever! I have never seen someone so excited to be baptized :) Watching her baptism, I remembered the warm feeling that I got when I was baptized. And that mostly everyone gets when they are baptized. And I couldn't help but think that it was a great big hug from Heavenly Father and that His smile was just as big as Hannah's. I know that Heavenly Father is always there watching over us and that He is so proud of us when we do what is right, especially when it is hard. He is aware of us. 

Well that's all I've got folks, until next week! This week is the Mayohan so it should be good!

Love, Sister Brown


American Week: Sister Lisaca's plate
American Week: My plate
Hanna's baptism

Random Parade for Mayohan


Barangay floats







Zone meeting
Add caption




No comments:

Post a Comment