Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Miracles and Ice Candy‏

Maligayang Pasko to all of you lovely people! Hopefully you're all sharing the gift and remembering the reason for the season. This week started out a little discouragingly. Because of all the meetings that we had going this week, we only had 1 full day to work. And what do you know, that was the day I got sicker than I'd ever been my whole mission. On top of that, Bishop is still mad at us and investigators are dropping like flies. So naturally, I prayed. And prayed. And I asked for a Christmas miracle. I think it's safe to say I got one.

 Because this was my last Sunday in the field, I got to choose an area to visit for a couple of days. And even though I was just there, my heart is in Sta. Cruz. Those 2 days in Sta. Cruz were my miracle. But more specifically, Sister Conching was my miracle. Let me tell you about her.

Sister Conching
One day, Sister Burt and I had been punted and we had a little extra time on our hands. It was hot. We needed ice candy. So we "tao po'd" and OYM's our ice candy lady. She let us in and every time we taught her, she had some great question of the soul that was perfectly answered by the gospel of Jesus Christ. I can't forget the 2nd time we taught her and at the end of the lesson she just paused and then asked, "How do I ask? How do I ask so I can be sure I get an answer if it's true?" I love that lady. Then there is the Barcenas family. A few days before I was transferred, we had some extra time once again and we decided to contact a referral we'd been given earlier. They let us in and we taught them a quick lesson. They listened but seemed reluctant for us to come back and as we walked away I remember Sister Burt telling me she wasn't sure if she should go back. 

Fast forward to Saturday, December 20, 2015. The day Sister Conching and the entire Barcenas family were baptized. I have never attended a baptismal service in which the spirit was so strong. Maybe it was just so strong to me personally because I very distinctly felt the spirit testifying to me that I had been an instrument in the hands of the Lord and my eyes were opened to just how perfect God's plan is. Sister Conching loves her story and she stood and shared it with everyone in the room, and ended it with, "All because of ice candy." Brother Barcenas cried as he spoke of how excited he was to enter the temple with his family in one year to be sealed for time and all eternity. Their are no coincidences in the gospel. Only miracles.  

I didn't get the chance to see Sister Edlyn or Sister Joan, but Vergie and Gilbert are doing great and their children are both being taught by the missionaries and have baptismal goal dates. And the Pamilacan family is just as amazing as ever. Brother Makulit is still makulit but he's changing. Something that I realized this week as well was that some people need just the 2 missionaries that find them to be truly converted. But some people need 3 or 4. And some people, like Brother Edward Pamilacan, need 10. 
Pamilacan Family
Salvador Family














I just want you all to know that I know God's plan is perfect. And that He knows best. He knew that I needed to serve a mission. He knew that I needed to be assigned here in San Pablo. And He has continually guided me to the right place at the right time and given me the words to say that would change hearts. Sometimes miracles are hard to see in the present, but when you look back you realize that your life is abounding in miracles. I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to serve. Even for one more week.

Love you all, thanks for all the prayers!

XOXO, Sister Brown

Ramos Family
4 hours of travel later...
Aco Family
































Mamu
Sis Conching

Baptism
Christmas party

EQ

Maricris and Zeram
Sheryl Lyn Medoza and RJ
The Vilela Couple..winners!
Sister Flor Carandang
Riza Alilio


Service, cleaning windows

#MissionaryLife






No comments:

Post a Comment