Monday, June 30, 2014

I don't know what to name this....‏

Sta. Cruz Zone
Kamusta naman po kayo? We are just doing swell here in little old Sta. Cruz! I survived presenting at my first Zone Training Meeting as an STL and it wasn't too shabby. I also survived The Fried Chicken Experience. Last week the other 2 sisters in our apartment decided to serve Bishop and make him and his family dinner. Then at church on Sunday he came up to them and said, "Sisters we appreciate the gesture, but really? You can come over sometime and I'll teach you how to cook." Haha So usually I cook, but we were like, "It couldn't of been that bad. We're having fried chicken for lunch. Why don't you 2 make it so we can see." So they did. And Sister Hopkins took a big bite and proceeded to yell, "Don't eat it!! It's still raw!" Well, now we know. Hahahaha

We didn't go on any exchanges this week because all of our sisters were sick or busy so I'll just tell you about some of our investigators. We are teaching the Pamilacan family. The mom is a returning less active member and we are teaching of her kids and her husband. They are SO makulit!! We teach the kids and the dad separate lessons and during the kids' lesson we hear this awful sound coming from behind us. So we turn around and it's Bro. Pamilacan trying to herd his turkeys with what we think was his version of what turkeys sound like. He is always making faces and weird noises during our lessons. He reminds me a lot of Jim Carey. Only he isn't acting. It's his real life. Anyways, I like teaching them and the kids are getting baptized sana next week.

Last but not least, I re-read my call letter yesterday and as I read the words, "Dear Sister Brown, You are hereby called to serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Philippines San Pablo Mission," I felt this overwhelming feeling of... just rightness. To be honest, the first time I read it over a year ago, I didn't exactly feel that. I had a few doubts that that was where I was needed. But over the last year, I have come to know that this is exactly where I need to be and I am so thankful to be serving the Lord in the Philippines San Pablo Mission. 

Love you all to the moon and back! Thanks for all of your support and prayers. Have a great week! 

XOXO, Sister Brown

Zone Training Meeting


Ward FHE with Sister Morales and Sister Rivera





Ina

Adam and Ian




No comments:

Post a Comment