Monday, June 30, 2014

Surviving Exchanges and The Best Meeting in the Whole Church‏


Mabuhay! Kamusta kayo lahat? So it's been a good week of slippin' and slidin' on the dirt of paths of Sta. Cruz in rainy season. I have yet to go down. But I know it's coming. Also had a good honesty reminder this week. I told one of our tricycle drivers I was Filipina when he asked where I was from. He kindly, and very seriously, reminded me that lying was against my religion. Haha he got me there :) Life lesson of the week: No sarcasm in the Philippines.

I also survived my first two exchanges! So exchanges mean me and Sister Wilkes bring another companionship into our area and we change companions for the day and we are supposed to help the other sisters improve. But really I have come to the conclusion after this week that President calls Sisters who need the most help to be STL's because I have learned SOOO much from these Sisters.

 On Tuesday I got to spend the day with Sister Mahoni, who lives in our house and is from New Zealand. She is absolutely amazing! Every time she speaks she brings the spirit. It doesn't matter what she says. She even told one of our less actives that if he'd come to church, coconuts wouldn't fall on his leg (that was his excuse for not coming last week...) and I still felt the spirit! She taught me how to do my base lesson plans and how to ask better questions and how to have more fun doing missionary work :)

On Friday I went with Sister Aquino. She is Filipina and is assigned in the area next to ours and has been in the field for 2 weeks. I'm gonna be honest, I miss my Filipina companions. I loved spending the day with her! She is the sweetest most amazing sister and she has overcome a lot of crazy challenges in her life. She taught me a lot about loving people. Even in our OYM's (people we just met) she would tell them we loved them. 

On top of exchanges, I got to go to my first Missionary Leadership Council, AKA The Best Meeting in the Whole Church. It's basically where all the STL's and ZL's meet in San Pablo and President Peterson just lets out all of the revelations he's received. Plus it was President's last one so he told us time didn't matter and we were just gonna go until we didn't have any more questions. It was AWESOME! My mind was blown by the end of the meeting. And my heart was breaking a little bit because it was the last time I would see the Peterson's for the next 6 months. They have seriously changed my life and I know that I can do this next 6 months because of the things they have taught me about my Savior and His atonement. 

This week was amazing and it was super fast! They say being an STL makes life speed up. I testify to that. I love all of you and am so thankful for your support and prayers. Have a fabulous week! 

XOXO, Sister Brown













No comments:

Post a Comment