Sunday, November 30, 2014

Better than Thanksgiving‏

We are on the squa
Hey, how's it going? This has been a week of... well, not much. We got 2 new sisters in our house, we taught a whole bunch of people the gospel, and had a stake conference ALL about marriage and family. It was a good week. However, this week is going to be even better! Because it's Grandpa Fred's birthday, Uncle John's birthday, AND Thanksgiving this week! But even better than Thanksgiving, I AM GOING TO THE TEMPLE!!! Thus, I do not have time to reply to any of you so sorry. But only a little sorry. Because I am going to the temple.

So in honor of Thanksgiving, I wanted to share a scripture I read this morning about gratitude in Alma 34:38.
38 That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you.

Last week I talked a little bit about some of the many trials and challenges our investigators were facing. I've faced my share of trials as a missionary as well. But the more I've thought about those trials, the more I realize that those many mercies and blessings that this verse talks about are actually those very trials. What would we be without trials? How would we ever become what our Savior needs us to be? I am the missionary and the person that I am because of the trials that I have faced in my life. I am thankful that my investigators have trials. That means they're going to be unbreakable when they get through them all. Heavenly Father is just helping them, and me, become. 

While you all are stuffing your faces with turkey and pumpkin pie, take a few moments to be grateful for the trials and challenges you've had in your life that have made you who you are. Thanks for being who you are and for all of your love and support.

Love ya! 

XOXO, Sister Brown


Maria Jean, called to serve in Urdaneta!




San Jose future Missionaries



Threesome

Root Beer Floats?!

No comments:

Post a Comment