Monday, March 10, 2014

A week full of Fish Heads‏I

I ate that...
Kamusta po kayo lahat? So this week was actually not FULL of fish heads. Just one fish head. This week I added to my list of weird foods. Sister Valdez's favorite part of the fish is the head. So I thought, "Hey, I want in on this too!" And I ate a fish head, eyeballs and all! It wasn't too bad but I probably will never eat it again. I also had halo-halo like 5 times. They sell it on every corner in the summer here. It's basically genius. It has all 6 food groups in one dessert! Ube (purple yams), beans, cheese, ice cream, jello, langka, and basically anything else you want to throw in there. It's growing on me.

Also, I would just like to inform you that my Tagalog is doing awesome. Joke lang! I actually don't know how it is. Because this week multiple people told me I was like a white Filipina. But then there were also quite who a few who just stared at me and were like "Ano?" It's definitely improving though.

This week was kind of uneventful. We got dropped by one of our investigators but it's fine because we found 3 new ones who are basically amazing. I realized I don't think I've ever really told you about all of my investigators, probably because it changes every week but here's a run down.

Investigators

Marvin- Has a new baby, lives with his member girlfriend, know the church is true, but needs to get married first. We're planning on the 2nd week of April. It will be a birthday/wedding/baptism celebration!

Evangeline- OYM, comes to church every week, wants to get baptized, but can't read and has a really hard time understanding the basics of our lessons.

Erica- Evangeline's 11 year old daughter who reads the BOM to her every day, she knows the BOM is true. She told us she did and when we asked how she told us she asked Heavenly Father and the thought came into her mind "Erica, the Book of Mormon is true." She's astig.

Raquel- New investigator and OYM, has 6 kids, she giggles a lot in our lessons but she is really interested because she has a lot of questions that we have been able to answer unlike any other church.

Lyza- New investigator and OYM, really wanted to know why there were so many different translations of the Bible and how we were supposed to know which one was true, asked for a where she could get a BOM at the end our our first lesson.

Justin- Lives at Evangeline's, also can't read, 19 years old, both of his parents died when he was young and he was separated from his sister. He really needs the gospel.

So there's the low down. I'll keep ya updated.

Spiritual thought of the week, faith is confidence. If we have faith in Christ, we have confidence in Him. We have confidence in His ability to help us, to help our families. For me, it means having confidence in his ability to help my investigators and to take care of those recent converts and less active members who are out of my hands. It means having confidence that through Him, I can do anything. And so can you.

Have a great week! Love you all more than the universe!

XOXO, Sister Brown


Even the eyeballs...
Fish heads



Wow 8 months!!

Practice teaching with the ward missionaries
Pres. Scooby Doo's last Sunday as Branch Pres. after 16 years
Ward missionaries
The RS of San Jose
Newspaper tree
The monkey that tried to kill us
Sista Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment