Monday, March 31, 2014

Langka, Cowboys, and Beer Bellies‏

I really like this
Well pamilya and friends, kamusta and week nyo? Mine wasn't too shabby. Let me tell ya about it. So first of all, I tried pusit, AKA squid. It kinda tastes like chewy chicken. I tried langka too. We just walked by and these people were eating this giant yellow thing so I asked what it was and they were like, "You have to try it!" And Filipinos don't back down. So I tried it. It was awesome! 

Also, school is out and summer is in! You know what that means! The Beer Bellies are coming back out. The Filipino men do this funny thing where they roll their shirt up to their chest so their big bellies are sticking out. It must be some kind of self air conditioning. Graduation week also means a lot of drinking and videoke-ing. I love the mga lasing. They are just so sweet! One of our investigators was drunk when we went to visit him so we left. But later he sent me a text that said, "Sister Brownr, ILuvyouk" Then the first cowboy I've ever seen in the Philippines came up to me, asked if I was single, and proceeded to say, "I have a girlfriend like you, but you're a lot prettier. We could date." And I was like, "Missionaries po kami para sa ang simbahan ni Jesucristo ng mga banal sa mga huling araw...." I love the Philippines!

This week was my 3rd Zone Conference! It's weird to think that I only have 2 left. It was kind of sad because President Peterson was really sick and couldn't come. I really missed him and Sister Peterson. They only have 3 more months here. I am so thankful for the 2 of them and the huge help they have been to me in my mission. I look up to them so much and I hope that one day I will grow up to be like them. I know that they are a big part of the reason I was called to this mission and I love them so much! 

Even without them there, we still learned things. We talked about the sacrament, the atonement, and repentance and what I got from it all was I really need to work on my relationship with my Savior. I don't think that we, as members of the church, realize just how amazing the sacrament it. Heavenly Father gives an opportunity EVERY single week to start over. How many times do we just take the sacrament and not even think of the Savior? I know I've done that too many times. But try this this week. Before you take the bread and the water, just hold it for a second and think about WHY you're doing it. It makes all the difference.

Thank you for all of your love and prayers! Have a fabulous week and be a good example!

XOXO, Sister Brown

Language study

One of our investigators sign shop

It was a long day...

Past companion #2

REUNITED

Zone Con Batch Pic

Past companion #1

Cute companion now..

No comments:

Post a Comment